Shalom Centre for Street Children established in 2005, is a Non Profit, Non -governmental Organization that is actively engaged in addressing issues affecting street children, most vulnerable children and youth in crisis in Tanzania, East Africa by providing psychosocial, emotional, educational, and economical support to survivors of conflict especially of poverty and abuse. Our work enables these survivors to make the most of their present and build a better future.
Shalom centre strives to protect and empower against all forms of abuse, community awareness creation and economic empowerment where children and youth thrive and lead productive lives. The organization particularly works among street children, forced child marriage, orphans, girls at risk of sexual abuse and children in crisis by playing a vital role in running programs in;
- Early childhood Development.
- Quality education to drop outs and marginalized children.
- Children living/ working in streets
- Capacity development and empowerment to teenage girls at risk, sex trade girls and young mothers
- Advocacy and Awareness Creation on Child Rights and Protection.
- Safeguarding children from harm and persistence abuse to a rescue temporary centre